About Thomasina Coates
Thomasina Coates, is honored to have served you for the past three years. She is a native of Charles County and a proud graduate of Charles County public schools, specifically from McDonough High school. She has earned her Master’s degree in Information Technology Management, a Bachelor’s of Science degree in Information Technology, Software Development, and an Associate’s degree in Computer Science.
Thomasina Coates has over 30 years’ experience in the Information Technology management workforce. Additionally, she is the President/CEO of TTI Enterprise, LLC a successful minority woman owned trucking company.Thomasina Coates is an experienced leader who is committed to the community and moving Charles County forward!
Thomasina Coates is a native of Charles County, born and raised having deep roots and ties to the county going back to Colonials and Generals, to also include a tribal affiliation with the Piscataway Conoy; and many surnames: Adams, Watson, Rosier, Cole, Makle, Pinkney, Proctor, Swann, Savoy, Harley and Thompson. She is married and lives in White Plains, MD with her husband of 36 years whose surnames include: Coates, Cephas, Johnson, Beale, Brawner and Briscoe. She has two daughters, and two granddaughters and a host of family, friends, classmates and associates expanding across Charles County and the surrounding jurisdictions.
Thomasina Coates’ is very proud of her commitment to volunteerism and her long history of serving; she is a member of and serves on several local and regional boards across the Southern Maryland region. Thomasina Coates’ community service is expansive and noteworthy:
- Member of Leadership Southern Maryland
- Chair of the SMTCCAC Head Start & Early Head Start Policy Council
- Co-Chair of the Charles County Economic Development COVID-19 Task Force
- Vice Chair of the Tri-County Council for Southern Maryland
- Member of the Westlake Business Association
- Board member of the Area Council on Aging
- Member of the non-profit Ujamma Seed Farm
- Member of the non-profit SteamOnward
- Member of the Charles County Emergency Homeless and Emergency Shelter Committee
- Board member of the M-495 Commuter Fast Ferry Stakeholders Steering Committee
- Board member of National Association of Counties Economic Development Steering Committee
- Member of Maryland Association of Counties (MACO) Tax Subcommittee
- Board member of MACO Maryland Office of Statewide Broadband Advisory Workgroup
- Member of the Charles County Chamber of Commerce
- Member of the Charles County NAACP
- Member of the Charles County Mediation
- Re-elected Charles County Democratic Central Committee, 2018
- Chair of the Charles County Board of License Commission (Liquor Board), 2010 – 2018
- Vice President for the Southern Maryland Minority Chamber of Commerce, 2014 – 2018, where she educated and advocated for minority owned businesses in the tri-county region
- Elected Vice Chair Charles County Democratic Central Committee, 2014 – 2018
- Served as Data Coordinator for Charles County, Obama for America (OFA), 2012
- Member of Waldorf Rotary Club, 2013
- Member of the African American Heritage Society
- Member of Women of Action Charles County (WOACC)
Thomasina has accomplished a lot during her tenure as your County Commissioner, but to continue moving Charles County forward there is certainly more work to do. She is humbled and honored to have had the privilege of serving you and her community. With your vote of confidence and support, she will be equally as humbled and honored to continue this journey with you for 4 more years.
Thank you and God Bless!